Skip to main content

Cat in Swaddling Blankets

The other day, my cat went out of the house for his seasonal (?) romp around the town. This usually means deflowering virgin pussycats and increasing the amount of lookalikes he has on the streets of Pandacan. I tend to take these irregular periods of escape with a chip on each shoulder, since this usually means that my cat would come back home not only disheveled and hungry, but also needing a thorough check-up from the vet.

Luckily, we haven’t encountered any virulent form of a cat sickness as of yet, but while I try to remain calm throughout the ordeal of my cat’s absence, I can’t help but worry like a mother hen. It doesn’t help that my cat has a meow that could be heard from two streets away, so whenever the little jerk caterwauls, I’d hear him from the second floor of the house. So I know he’s out there, somewhere. I just don’t know exactly where.

The worst part is, Zardos rarely gets any outside time at all, so whenever he gets to go out, he stays out for days, weeks even. One time, my niece was able to spot him along Taft Avenue – a good two miles away from the house. And while he usually keeps close to the house, whenever somebody would come up to him to pick him up, the little bugger’d up and run off. Apparently, his romp wasn’t done yet, and if we would be so kind as to leave him alone.

This time, though, he was back in a day. I suspect this has something to do with a new set of dogs roaming the streets. The dogs are nice enough, but they’re terrors for the cats. So this time, Zardos spent more time hiding underneath cars, and less time gallivanting, the poor thing. It all came to a head earlier this evening, when I had to coax him out of under the car parked in front of the house with the foot of a chicken. Hesitant at first, it took him some time to finally sniff the chicken foot. Upon registering my scent, the cat let out a big meow! and came out from underneath the car.

I immediately scooped him up, brought him into the house, plopped him in the shower, and proceeded to give him a bath.

A consequence of these baths, however, is the cat developing a cold. So, after feeding him two pieces of chicken feet, I brought the now-dry Zardos to my room, and wrapped him in a blanket.

Zardos cat in a blanket

The moral of this story is: if you’re a cat, and you want to go out for a good time, don’t expect to come back home scot-free.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Maynilad Water Chronicles: The Clusterf$%#, Part 2

This is the third post in our Maynilad Water chronicles. This time, we will talk about just how inept their record keeping skills are in the face of a massive overhaul in a given area. This involves a technique used by Meralco in high-risk areas called clustering, and is efficient – if utilized correctly. Needless to say, Maynilad has yet to be able to do this.

Maynilad Water Chronicles: The Curious Case of the Disappearing Meter

One of the biggest problems I’ve encountered these past few weeks is the inexplicable inefficiency of Maynilad Water. I don’t even know where to begin; this is how impossible the situation is. So I’ll go and separate things into multiple stories. This is the first case in this series.

Insult to Injury: the Death of Pinoy Lit

If you're the type of person who has the attention span of a goldfish, can't imagine stories without pictures, and generally are the type of person responsible for the slow decline of intelligence in the Pinoy society, then don't read this. If you are the type, but still venture forth to trudge through this text, then you are a visionary idiot, and any attempts to refute my thoughts will be met with equal - if not greater - force. If you are a kindred spirit, then feel free to trade ideas with me for the good of the written word. These are just my thoughts, not gospel truth. Dissect them, question them there is no right or wrong for those who know. I was never a fan of Butch Dalisay. Wait, let me correct myself - I was once a fan of Butch Dalisay, whenever I read his Penman articles on the lifestyle pages of the Star, but back then, I hadn't read any of his 'serious literature' yet. Which is to say, that I was just reading him as a columnist, not as a writer - ...