Skip to main content

The Heart-rending Tale of a Clown

I’m breaking my supposed routine today because of a video posted by Jim Paredes over Twitter last Saturday. This is not for the weak of heart, and is not safe for work, but not because of nudity, profanity (though there are some words), or violence. It is not safe for work because of how it will affect you.

Anthony Griffith is well-known in most circles as a very talented comedian. During the peak of his career—strangely enough, during the peak of “The Tonight Show” with Johnny Carson—the man lost his daughter to cancer. As he quotes from Charles Dickens’ “A Tale of Two Cities”:

“It was the best of times. It was the worst of times.”

This goes out to everybody I know who suffered the loss of a loved one due to cancer, to everybody who is currently fighting cancer, and to everybody helping somebody deal with cancer. You are not alone.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Maynilad Water Chronicles: The Clusterf$%#, Part 2

This is the third post in our Maynilad Water chronicles. This time, we will talk about just how inept their record keeping skills are in the face of a massive overhaul in a given area. This involves a technique used by Meralco in high-risk areas called clustering, and is efficient – if utilized correctly. Needless to say, Maynilad has yet to be able to do this.

Maynilad Water Chronicles: The Curious Case of the Disappearing Meter

One of the biggest problems I’ve encountered these past few weeks is the inexplicable inefficiency of Maynilad Water. I don’t even know where to begin; this is how impossible the situation is. So I’ll go and separate things into multiple stories. This is the first case in this series.

Insult to Injury: the Death of Pinoy Lit

If you're the type of person who has the attention span of a goldfish, can't imagine stories without pictures, and generally are the type of person responsible for the slow decline of intelligence in the Pinoy society, then don't read this. If you are the type, but still venture forth to trudge through this text, then you are a visionary idiot, and any attempts to refute my thoughts will be met with equal - if not greater - force. If you are a kindred spirit, then feel free to trade ideas with me for the good of the written word. These are just my thoughts, not gospel truth. Dissect them, question them there is no right or wrong for those who know. I was never a fan of Butch Dalisay. Wait, let me correct myself - I was once a fan of Butch Dalisay, whenever I read his Penman articles on the lifestyle pages of the Star, but back then, I hadn't read any of his 'serious literature' yet. Which is to say, that I was just reading him as a columnist, not as a writer - ...