Skip to main content

Scheduling on the Fat Man Today

Just a couple of updates on this blog. You guys may have noticed that I’ve been changing the layout (and the RSS feed) rather frequently the past few week/s. While you may still experience that in the coming days, I think we’ve settled down on a format that I’m happy with.
 
Also, in order to get Technorati to recognize that I own this blog, I need to post the following text: P7XDU3M5UJC7. So there, Technorati. I hope you’re happy.
 
 
Like I mentioned a couple of posts ago, I will be lessening the political talk on this blog for several reasons.
 
  • It’s a lot easier to write when you don’t have to restrict yourself to a very small niche. The way a lot of “experts” have sprouted like maggots on month-old trash all over the Internet is deplorable. Where’s the actual, factual information when you need it?
  • I get to research less on current events, and research more about things that actually matter. Like info for my stories. Don’t get me wrong, I get my current events fix from Twitter and Facebook, and that’s all good. But sometimes I like to go deep into the anarchic underbelly of the worldwide web and see what the lurkers have to offer.
  • Seriously, isn’t all this politalk tiring? I’m sick of hearing about Tito Sotto, for example. Can we just not vote for him the next elections, and get it over with?
  • It makes the posts all the more poignant. With everything that happens every day in the Philippines, I’d go nuts if I reported on each and every one of them (not that I’ve tried, which just goes to show how lazy I am). Even reporters have beats. By limiting what I write about, I get to focus on the one event that catches my eye.
steampunk laptop
If I had a laptop like this, though, that'd be an incentive to write more often.
 
So what else will I write about? Well, there are certain topics that have been swimming around in my head these past few weeks, and I think I also have some content in the back burner that I can publish here instead. What I intend to do is to post these every Wednesday. That way, Hump Day will always be “me” time on this blog, so to speak. Blog announcements should also go here (or visit the link for announcements, if you’d like to read the whole list of announcements).
 
Mondays, on the other hand, will be where I post my thoughts on current events. All the politics, all the geekery and tech news, and my thoughts, will always be posted on Mondays.
 
On Friday, I will try—try!—to post more of my fiction. Now, I don’t think I can write short stories that fast (otherwise I’d have published a book by now) but a weekly deadline at least of a vignette might be just the push I need to get more of my stuff out. Now, note that these will probably be mostly rough posts, so don’t expect anything as magical as what the folks at Philippine Genre Stories have. But I will try my best.
 
As always, this blog updates every M-W-F, at around twelve noon, Philippine Standard Time (that’s GMT + 8 if you’re outside the Philippines). And with that, I leave you until next week, folks.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Maynilad Water Chronicles: The Clusterf$%#, Part 2

This is the third post in our Maynilad Water chronicles. This time, we will talk about just how inept their record keeping skills are in the face of a massive overhaul in a given area. This involves a technique used by Meralco in high-risk areas called clustering, and is efficient – if utilized correctly. Needless to say, Maynilad has yet to be able to do this.

Maynilad Water Chronicles: The Curious Case of the Disappearing Meter

One of the biggest problems I’ve encountered these past few weeks is the inexplicable inefficiency of Maynilad Water. I don’t even know where to begin; this is how impossible the situation is. So I’ll go and separate things into multiple stories. This is the first case in this series.

Insult to Injury: the Death of Pinoy Lit

If you're the type of person who has the attention span of a goldfish, can't imagine stories without pictures, and generally are the type of person responsible for the slow decline of intelligence in the Pinoy society, then don't read this. If you are the type, but still venture forth to trudge through this text, then you are a visionary idiot, and any attempts to refute my thoughts will be met with equal - if not greater - force. If you are a kindred spirit, then feel free to trade ideas with me for the good of the written word. These are just my thoughts, not gospel truth. Dissect them, question them there is no right or wrong for those who know. I was never a fan of Butch Dalisay. Wait, let me correct myself - I was once a fan of Butch Dalisay, whenever I read his Penman articles on the lifestyle pages of the Star, but back then, I hadn't read any of his 'serious literature' yet. Which is to say, that I was just reading him as a columnist, not as a writer - ...