Skip to main content

Meme And Other Things

I was tagged by Lauren. Please don't kill me.

The rules are simple. At the end of the post, the player tags 6 people and posts their names, then goes to their blog and leaves a comment, letting them know they’ve been tagged and asking them to read your blog. Let the person who tagged you know when you’ve posted your answer.


1. What was I doing 10 years ago? (July 1998)
I was in 2nd year high school. My professor was Indri Sybunsuan, I think. This was also the year I weakened my knee. And the year the high school gang of ten were finally formed.

2. What are the 5 things on my to-do list today?
No to-do list, really, but today I've:
a. Gone to mass.
b. Seen the Avatar finale.
c. Discussed The Dark Knight with Inigo and Cholo.
d. Spoken with Lauren.
e. Emailed several people regarding my lost mobile phone.

3. Snacks I enjoy: Cagayan de Oro cheese bread, pan-de-sal, turon, HK Style Noodles, peanut butter sandwiches.

4. Places where I lived: Mania, Cagayan De Oro.

5. Things I’d do if I were a billionaire:
a. write and travel a lot
b. make sure my parents are comfortable and have nothing to worry about.
c. be drunk a lot
d. absorb all available art in various forms.
e. engage in extreme sports (especially once I lose all my weight)
f. Sky-dive
g. Fund the research and development of alternative energy sources.
h. Build a time machine.

6. People I want to know more of are Abbey, Obbie, Trina, Anna, Denise, John and Mike!


In other news, today was the day everybody who cared one quid about Avatar: the Last Airbender had all of their greatest dreams and worst nightmares come true. The two-hour finale of AtlA was, in very, very simple terms, quite epic. It wasn't as epic as The Dark Knight was, but it was easily almost of the same calibre, if you ask me. I can't really give a detailed analysis of the finale (or the series) right now, since once again, I am still reeling from the shock, but expect something from me within the week.

So now the question is: now that Avatar's done and TDK's over, what else do we have to look forward to?

Well, for one thing, I'm currently swamped with plenty of books. So many books, in fact, that I'll probably be busy for days to come catching up. I've begun reading The Dresden Files thanks to the timely intervention of a friend, and I have to admit that the hard-boiled treatment of magic and wizardry is really pretty new (well, maybe not that new, but new enough). I also like the narration: Dresden's first-person storytelling gives it an even more authentic detective story feel that I have a hard time telling it apart from one of those classy detective stories of yore.

Only problem is - and if you've weathered through the Harry Potter series, this probably isn't too big a problem - that the storytelling comes off as a little bit more than a glorified light novel. But I'm usually not one to judge a book by it's cover story.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Maynilad Water Chronicles: The Clusterf$%#, Part 2

This is the third post in our Maynilad Water chronicles. This time, we will talk about just how inept their record keeping skills are in the face of a massive overhaul in a given area. This involves a technique used by Meralco in high-risk areas called clustering, and is efficient – if utilized correctly. Needless to say, Maynilad has yet to be able to do this.

Clarity in Three Parts

i Maraming beses na kitang nilayasan Iniwanan at iba ang pinuntahan Parang babaeng mahirap talagang malimutan Ikaw lamang ang aking laging binabalikan Manila, Manila I keep coming back to Manila Simply no place like Manila Manila, I'm coming home I walked the streets of San Francisco I've tried the rides in Disneyland Dated a million girls in Sydney Somehow I feel like I don't belong Hinahanap-hanap kita Manila Ang ingay mong kay sarap sa tenga Mga Jeepney mong nagliliparan Mga babae mong naggagandahan Take me back in your arms Manila And promise me you'll never let go Promise me you'll never let go Manila, Manila Miss you like hell, Manila No place in the world like Manila I'm coming here to stay ii. Too, uh, cheesy to mention. Check the lyrics here . iii. I've been drunk or inebriated every day of this week since Saturday last week; since I'm holding an inuman party

Manila Series: Parks of Manila

The other day, I read the post of a friend who was ranting about how Manila can only be beautiful when seen from a specific light. I could understand what he means, because Manila is the center of traffic in the NCR. The poor are here in full force, the most corrupt policemen are here, and honestly, there is no discipline whatsoever. But here’s something that I’ve discovered. You walk Manila. You don't drive it. It isn't the most walkable city in the world, but what can be seen when you do walk it is fantastic. And when you walk around the city, you don’t encounter the corrupt cops (because they’re going after the drivers), you don’t deal with traffic. You can’t do anything about the poor, though. Unless they’re doing something productive, and not just begging, I avoid them. If they’re cleaning up trash, or something similar, then I give them cash.