Skip to main content

Aria Di Mezzo Carattere

It sucks entering the holidays when you're as sick as a rhinoceros with dysentery (resurgence of the word courtesy of Jon).

Just to clarify - I do not have dysentery. What I do have, however, is a bad case of engorged, pulsating (albeit pus-free so far) tonsils, that have been messing with my body both physically and mentally. Physically, because I haven't been able to work out at all since the damn thing hit me, not to mention the confabulous headaches and fevers I've been having. The word confabulous is taken from Bruce's stint with desktop widgets with the same name; the name sounds very condescending in a grand way, and should be used as sarcasm.

So I command it, so shall it be.

Anyway. Mentally, because the fevers have been giving me the most amazing dreams that are mixing my days back in high school with my days in Cagayan de Oro and marketing. Just now, before I woke up, I was discussing purchasing planning with a bunch of long-forgotten friends from LSGH in a guitar shop that can be found in Limketkai mall.

Hork. Delusional dreams, some?

Anyway, since I can't really stand looking at the screen anymore - due to the headache the radiation is inspiring - here's an awesome find. These videos, despite the bad qualities of some of the photos in the slide show, brought tears to my eyes and good memories to the surface. This is the English operatic rendition of The Dream Oath: Maria and Draco, which is the opera that can be found in Final Fantasy VI - arguably one of the finest elements of that dear, dear role-player that gives it an infinite edge over any of the later games from the franchise. Take note that this edition features the complete opera, and not the edition wherein Ultros and Locke Cole take over the stage, thus the story of Maria and Draco's love is actually presented in full.

The name of the entire musical segment is Aria Di Mezzo Carattere, a masterpiece unlike any other, and was composed by the great Nobuo Uematsu. Stephanie Wooding provides the mezzo-soprano voice for Maria (although an alto would have sounded better). Chad Berlinghieri is the tenor voice of Draco, while Todd Robinson is the baritone Prince Ralse.

The music is provided by the World Festival Symphony Orchestra, with conductor Arnie Roth.

Part One


Part Two

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Maynilad Water Chronicles: The Clusterf$%#, Part 2

This is the third post in our Maynilad Water chronicles. This time, we will talk about just how inept their record keeping skills are in the face of a massive overhaul in a given area. This involves a technique used by Meralco in high-risk areas called clustering, and is efficient – if utilized correctly. Needless to say, Maynilad has yet to be able to do this.

Maynilad Water Chronicles: The Curious Case of the Disappearing Meter

One of the biggest problems I’ve encountered these past few weeks is the inexplicable inefficiency of Maynilad Water. I don’t even know where to begin; this is how impossible the situation is. So I’ll go and separate things into multiple stories. This is the first case in this series.

Insult to Injury: the Death of Pinoy Lit

If you're the type of person who has the attention span of a goldfish, can't imagine stories without pictures, and generally are the type of person responsible for the slow decline of intelligence in the Pinoy society, then don't read this. If you are the type, but still venture forth to trudge through this text, then you are a visionary idiot, and any attempts to refute my thoughts will be met with equal - if not greater - force. If you are a kindred spirit, then feel free to trade ideas with me for the good of the written word. These are just my thoughts, not gospel truth. Dissect them, question them there is no right or wrong for those who know. I was never a fan of Butch Dalisay. Wait, let me correct myself - I was once a fan of Butch Dalisay, whenever I read his Penman articles on the lifestyle pages of the Star, but back then, I hadn't read any of his 'serious literature' yet. Which is to say, that I was just reading him as a columnist, not as a writer - ...