Skip to main content

A Belated Merry Christmas from your Favorite Fat Man

Merry Christmas, everybody. I know I missed my en punto Christmas post this year, but it couldn’t be helped; when life gets in the way of living your routine, you start forgetting things.

Like regular blog posts.

Or, you know. Blogging in general.

Ho ho ho, pendejos!


But there you go. I expect that most of you guys are a few pounds heavier, thanks to the tsunami of food that’s sure to grace all of your reunions throughout the season. Don’t forget that a thirty-minute walk not only is good for your heart, it’s great in freeing up more space for that next jamon and queso de bola bocadilla. We’ve got five days to the end of the year, so don’t go and wreck your appetite for the New Year celebration feast (which will probably be filled with fruits and leftovers anyway, so it shouldn’t matter).

And for what it’s worth, I hope you guys greet the new year with your best foot forward, because like it or not, 2015 was one hell of a year, and I for one, am looking forward to what the next one will bring.

To your health!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Maynilad Water Chronicles: The Clusterf$%#, Part 2

This is the third post in our Maynilad Water chronicles. This time, we will talk about just how inept their record keeping skills are in the face of a massive overhaul in a given area. This involves a technique used by Meralco in high-risk areas called clustering, and is efficient – if utilized correctly. Needless to say, Maynilad has yet to be able to do this.

Maynilad Water Chronicles: The Curious Case of the Disappearing Meter

One of the biggest problems I’ve encountered these past few weeks is the inexplicable inefficiency of Maynilad Water. I don’t even know where to begin; this is how impossible the situation is. So I’ll go and separate things into multiple stories. This is the first case in this series.

Insult to Injury: the Death of Pinoy Lit

If you're the type of person who has the attention span of a goldfish, can't imagine stories without pictures, and generally are the type of person responsible for the slow decline of intelligence in the Pinoy society, then don't read this. If you are the type, but still venture forth to trudge through this text, then you are a visionary idiot, and any attempts to refute my thoughts will be met with equal - if not greater - force. If you are a kindred spirit, then feel free to trade ideas with me for the good of the written word. These are just my thoughts, not gospel truth. Dissect them, question them there is no right or wrong for those who know. I was never a fan of Butch Dalisay. Wait, let me correct myself - I was once a fan of Butch Dalisay, whenever I read his Penman articles on the lifestyle pages of the Star, but back then, I hadn't read any of his 'serious literature' yet. Which is to say, that I was just reading him as a columnist, not as a writer - ...