Skip to main content

Birthday Wishes

Twenty-eight years ago, today - well, at 3pm today - a legend was born.

I am that legend. Heh.


t>

I was told off (somewhat) by my parents for not wanting anything for my birthday. No matter how unusual that may seem, they had their reasons, and they actually made sense, in a way.

So for the entirety of yesterday, I racked my brains for anything I may want for the day I celebrate my birth.

Some people find it easy to list the things that they want. Me? I couldn't even make a list of ten things.

In any case, here are five of the items I think I'd enjoy being given:

  • Bluetooth headset - I'm not picky. I once had this unit from CD-R King, and I'd be happy to have the exact same one. See, I like being able to keep my hands free while I talk on the phone, and hands-free wired alternatives only make me hate cables even more.

  • Crocs - I like the brand. Crocs, be they fake or original (although the knock-offs offer a greater sense of satisfaction), are my casual footwear of choice. I use them while walking in the morning, and I use them for going out as well. Unfortunately, all of my present Crocs have all been worn out. Thus, I'd appreciate donations of two decent pairs of copy Crocs. Size eight and coloured grey, please.

  • ePad - Don't get me wrong. As much as I aspire for an Asus Transformer or even an iPad, I'd be very happy to settle for a Chinese tablet. They're cheap, ultraportable, and I can work on them wherever. Bruce was worried that the processing speed was too slow for my patience, but I think I've learned a thing or two about patience over the years.

  • Leather golfer's hat - I once tried out this nice hat in Baguio. It was leather, it was cheap, and I think I looked good in it. But Nina thought otherwise, so I didn't buy it. Nowadays, I look at that photo with mixed admiration and regret. Because I really looked so damn good in that hat.

  • Cellphone belt pouch - the Golla pouch that I'd been using, for one reason or another, seems to have vanished from my room. Anybody who's had the pleasure of knowing me for at least five years knows about my track record with unprotected cellphones and taxi cabs (and that one instance with a tricycle). So I loved that belt pouch, and I despair over it's (apparent) loss, because it was the one thing that kept me from a cellphone-less life.

And that's pretty much it. If this may seem too simple, well - it is. It was the best I could come up with, at a moment's notice. So deal with it!

If you start talking about birthday food, though, now that's another story.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Maynilad Water Chronicles: The Clusterf$%#, Part 2

This is the third post in our Maynilad Water chronicles. This time, we will talk about just how inept their record keeping skills are in the face of a massive overhaul in a given area. This involves a technique used by Meralco in high-risk areas called clustering, and is efficient – if utilized correctly. Needless to say, Maynilad has yet to be able to do this.

Clarity in Three Parts

i Maraming beses na kitang nilayasan Iniwanan at iba ang pinuntahan Parang babaeng mahirap talagang malimutan Ikaw lamang ang aking laging binabalikan Manila, Manila I keep coming back to Manila Simply no place like Manila Manila, I'm coming home I walked the streets of San Francisco I've tried the rides in Disneyland Dated a million girls in Sydney Somehow I feel like I don't belong Hinahanap-hanap kita Manila Ang ingay mong kay sarap sa tenga Mga Jeepney mong nagliliparan Mga babae mong naggagandahan Take me back in your arms Manila And promise me you'll never let go Promise me you'll never let go Manila, Manila Miss you like hell, Manila No place in the world like Manila I'm coming here to stay ii. Too, uh, cheesy to mention. Check the lyrics here . iii. I've been drunk or inebriated every day of this week since Saturday last week; since I'm holding an inuman party

Manila Series: Parks of Manila

The other day, I read the post of a friend who was ranting about how Manila can only be beautiful when seen from a specific light. I could understand what he means, because Manila is the center of traffic in the NCR. The poor are here in full force, the most corrupt policemen are here, and honestly, there is no discipline whatsoever. But here’s something that I’ve discovered. You walk Manila. You don't drive it. It isn't the most walkable city in the world, but what can be seen when you do walk it is fantastic. And when you walk around the city, you don’t encounter the corrupt cops (because they’re going after the drivers), you don’t deal with traffic. You can’t do anything about the poor, though. Unless they’re doing something productive, and not just begging, I avoid them. If they’re cleaning up trash, or something similar, then I give them cash.