Skip to main content

The Machines are Taking Over!

Well, we all knew that when the unemployment rates of the world started to decline post the industrial revolution, but then again, it was only a matter of time before science fiction slowly became a reality.

I mean, there was the moving sidewalk. Most mile-long airports have them these days. Bullet-speed locomotion. Flight and interstellar travel. In-vitro fertilization.

And now, this:

Let me present to you the vendo pizza maker

Sounds nutty, but it's the real thing. And the most impressive part is, it doesn't just store cold pizzas and defrost them - these things make pizzas from scratch. And they cost less than your traditionally baked pizza, too.

Imagine having one of those in the office. You can pool some cash with friends, and you won't ever have to worry about where the hell you'll end up eating - ever! And think about the parties you can host in-house. Just slap on a little videoke or an Xbox or PS3, and you've got game. So to speak.

Oh yeah, the pizza vendo might be one step further into the slow decline of humanity into infantile helplessness, but damn I would love to have one of those nearby.

Still think I'm shitting you? Read the full story here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Maynilad Water Chronicles: The Clusterf$%#, Part 2

This is the third post in our Maynilad Water chronicles. This time, we will talk about just how inept their record keeping skills are in the face of a massive overhaul in a given area. This involves a technique used by Meralco in high-risk areas called clustering, and is efficient – if utilized correctly. Needless to say, Maynilad has yet to be able to do this.

Maynilad Water Chronicles: The Curious Case of the Disappearing Meter

One of the biggest problems I’ve encountered these past few weeks is the inexplicable inefficiency of Maynilad Water. I don’t even know where to begin; this is how impossible the situation is. So I’ll go and separate things into multiple stories. This is the first case in this series.

Insult to Injury: the Death of Pinoy Lit

If you're the type of person who has the attention span of a goldfish, can't imagine stories without pictures, and generally are the type of person responsible for the slow decline of intelligence in the Pinoy society, then don't read this. If you are the type, but still venture forth to trudge through this text, then you are a visionary idiot, and any attempts to refute my thoughts will be met with equal - if not greater - force. If you are a kindred spirit, then feel free to trade ideas with me for the good of the written word. These are just my thoughts, not gospel truth. Dissect them, question them there is no right or wrong for those who know. I was never a fan of Butch Dalisay. Wait, let me correct myself - I was once a fan of Butch Dalisay, whenever I read his Penman articles on the lifestyle pages of the Star, but back then, I hadn't read any of his 'serious literature' yet. Which is to say, that I was just reading him as a columnist, not as a writer - ...