Skip to main content

The Little Guy

Independent contractors are an endangered species. No matter what creative endeavor you enter - writing, music or even writing code - you run the risk of being left behind without so much as a thank you by your client. Intellectual theft made easy, especially when you live in a country which offers very little protection against similar acts of stealing.

But when a big corporation decides to go and cut costs by pulling a fast one on the little man, what does that say about how our own industry bigwigs and leaders view the wealth of skill and expertise our solo entrepreneurs have to offer?

Gary Granada spells it out rather well in this short audio clip. Please do take the time to listen to it and see just how blatantly the manggagawa can be exploited in the Philippines.


Gary Granada vs GMA Kapuso - Gary Granada

It's rather sad when an act of good faith gets corrupted by executives who are always looking for ways to cut costs. It's always the little guy who gets the short end of the stick.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Maynilad Water Chronicles: The Clusterf$%#, Part 2

This is the third post in our Maynilad Water chronicles. This time, we will talk about just how inept their record keeping skills are in the face of a massive overhaul in a given area. This involves a technique used by Meralco in high-risk areas called clustering, and is efficient – if utilized correctly. Needless to say, Maynilad has yet to be able to do this.

Maynilad Water Chronicles: The Curious Case of the Disappearing Meter

One of the biggest problems I’ve encountered these past few weeks is the inexplicable inefficiency of Maynilad Water. I don’t even know where to begin; this is how impossible the situation is. So I’ll go and separate things into multiple stories. This is the first case in this series.

Insult to Injury: the Death of Pinoy Lit

If you're the type of person who has the attention span of a goldfish, can't imagine stories without pictures, and generally are the type of person responsible for the slow decline of intelligence in the Pinoy society, then don't read this. If you are the type, but still venture forth to trudge through this text, then you are a visionary idiot, and any attempts to refute my thoughts will be met with equal - if not greater - force. If you are a kindred spirit, then feel free to trade ideas with me for the good of the written word. These are just my thoughts, not gospel truth. Dissect them, question them there is no right or wrong for those who know. I was never a fan of Butch Dalisay. Wait, let me correct myself - I was once a fan of Butch Dalisay, whenever I read his Penman articles on the lifestyle pages of the Star, but back then, I hadn't read any of his 'serious literature' yet. Which is to say, that I was just reading him as a columnist, not as a writer - ...