Skip to main content

One-Eyed Man

It's been very quiet within my corner of the blogosphere recently. And no, Multiply doesn't count - Most people're usually just crossposting over at the service (I'm one of them), so technically, those guys're not even in my blogroll.

So to liven things up, here's a survey - yes, I do surveys sometimes - grabbed from Trina. I wasn't planning on posting this, but I gave it a shot, and some of the results were pretty hilarious. Just remember that most of the time, the songs I listen to don't have any lyrics.

Also, some of the items here are, ah, sensitive. If you know something about that particular part of my life, keep it to yourself. :D


1. if someone says "Is this okay?" you say?
Adieu - Emily Bindiger
Okay, this is a beautiful, sad song. I'm guessing the question has something to do with a break-up. Ouch. That brings back really foul memories.

2. what would best describe your personality?
Feel The Circle - Yoko Kanno
An intense, beautiful instrmental. Quiet, with hardly any beats, but you can feel the tension in the air. Very good.

3. what do you like in a guy/girl?
Starstruck Honey Rough Master (with the sex part at the start, haha!) - Mahasa
Now this just plain made me laugh. Mahasa is the band I used to be part of, and this was - is - one of my favorite songs. Give 'em a listen here (free plug!).

4. how do you feel today?
Poore Faye (Lip Cream) - Yoko Kanno
Yes, today was very, very bleh. Rainy days make me weep, what with the melancholy of being shut inside. And it rained rather heavily here.

5. what is your life's purpose?
Piano Black - The Seatbelts
In my mind's eye, this song is very progressive, active, and sunny. I like how that sounds.

6. what is your motto?
Either Jessica - Dir en Grey or San Francisco Holiday (Worry Later) Take 3 - Thelonius
Monk
Funny, I don't understand Japanese, and the latter song didn't have any lyrics. Maybe I have no understandable motto.

7. what do your friends think of you?
Birdland - The String Cheese Incident
No qualms here. Birdland is a classic. Means I'm a classic. Haha!

8. what do you think of your parents?
Straight, No Chaser - Thelonius Monk
Yes, I have to agree. My folks are fun (and frightening) when undiluted.

9. what do you think about very often?
Rhytm-a-ning - Thelonius Monk
This just didn't make any sense at all. Does this reflect my mind?

10. what do you think of your best friend?
This is Not America - David Bowie and the Pat Metheny Group
If this means what I think it does, then this does not bode well for me and my oldest, dearest friend.

11. what do you think of the person you like?
Either Diggin' My Potato - The New York Musicians or Brain Damage - Pink FLoyd
Now this is weird. The first song is simple, laid-back, yet very very sexy. Which she is. But the lack of lyrics prompted me to get another song. And Brain Damage is just so fitting.

12. what is your life story?
Comfort in your Strangeness - Cynthia Alexander
So the fact that I'm strange makes me a comfortable person to be with?

13. what do you want to be when you grow up?
Kashmir - Led Zeppelin
I think this song, ultimately, talks about being happy and content, enlightened. I wish to achieve all three one day.

14. what do you think when you see the person you like?
A kiss to build a dream on - Louis Armstrong
Oh God YES. Dammit. Just one friggin' kiss. Haha.

15. what do your parents think of you?
Amusement Park - The Seatbelts
The title alone says it all. I'm sure my dad will get a kick out of this.

16. what will you dance to at your wedding?
2nd Life - Yoko Kanno
A very serious tango. Hell YES. So sexy.

17. what will they play at your funeral?
Phoenix - Daft Punk
How fitting. My memory shall rise from the ashes of the pyre and be immortalized.

18. what is your favorite hobby/interest?
Piano Solo (live) - Yoko Kanno
I like adulation. I like recognition. This is fitting.

19. what is your biggest fear?
Call me, call me (live) - Steve Conte
The ultimate song about loneliness. It is my biggest fear. Also, the lines " . . . what can I do to get me through to you . . . " rankle in my head whenever I hear them.

20. what is your biggest secret?
Huwag Na Lang Kaya - True Faith
Haha. My player knows me very well.

21. what song will be the title when you repost this?
One-Eyed Man - The Red Herring
This really made me laugh. Haha! Give it a listen here. It really is hilarious.

And that's all for now folks. Hopefully, my next entry will be about a new short story.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Maynilad Water Chronicles: The Clusterf$%#, Part 2

This is the third post in our Maynilad Water chronicles. This time, we will talk about just how inept their record keeping skills are in the face of a massive overhaul in a given area. This involves a technique used by Meralco in high-risk areas called clustering, and is efficient – if utilized correctly. Needless to say, Maynilad has yet to be able to do this.

Clarity in Three Parts

i Maraming beses na kitang nilayasan Iniwanan at iba ang pinuntahan Parang babaeng mahirap talagang malimutan Ikaw lamang ang aking laging binabalikan Manila, Manila I keep coming back to Manila Simply no place like Manila Manila, I'm coming home I walked the streets of San Francisco I've tried the rides in Disneyland Dated a million girls in Sydney Somehow I feel like I don't belong Hinahanap-hanap kita Manila Ang ingay mong kay sarap sa tenga Mga Jeepney mong nagliliparan Mga babae mong naggagandahan Take me back in your arms Manila And promise me you'll never let go Promise me you'll never let go Manila, Manila Miss you like hell, Manila No place in the world like Manila I'm coming here to stay ii. Too, uh, cheesy to mention. Check the lyrics here . iii. I've been drunk or inebriated every day of this week since Saturday last week; since I'm holding an inuman party

Manila Series: Parks of Manila

The other day, I read the post of a friend who was ranting about how Manila can only be beautiful when seen from a specific light. I could understand what he means, because Manila is the center of traffic in the NCR. The poor are here in full force, the most corrupt policemen are here, and honestly, there is no discipline whatsoever. But here’s something that I’ve discovered. You walk Manila. You don't drive it. It isn't the most walkable city in the world, but what can be seen when you do walk it is fantastic. And when you walk around the city, you don’t encounter the corrupt cops (because they’re going after the drivers), you don’t deal with traffic. You can’t do anything about the poor, though. Unless they’re doing something productive, and not just begging, I avoid them. If they’re cleaning up trash, or something similar, then I give them cash.